- Site Publisher - [off topic]

Hello,

I am Ben as you know :slight_smile:. In past days, I been thinking, there is a lot of great app builders out there (App Inventor & it’s distros), but what if we would make a same thing just with sites? Well, I started working on this project Site Publisher. It is an “Easy Website Builder”, that allows you to make sites easier than ever. Now, I know you would say there is Wix & Weebly, etc. But Site Publisher would be different. Whole core system and idea of it will be different. It won’t work the way other site builders does. A whole system is being built with following languages/scripts/libraries/frameworks/engines/databases/apis:

• PHP - a whole back-end (core system), is written in this language making a whole builder powerful.
  • Bootstrap - Bootstrap framework is used for a front-end (design), making publisher beautiful as well.
  • MariaDB - data (users, websites, etc.) is being stored on MySQL’s type of database called MariaDB.
  • Perl - for additional features, I am using Perl to make CGI scripts.
  • Popper - an engine used to make tooltips and popovers (little messages).
  • jQuery - a JavaScript library, which I am using for AJAX. Learn More
  • Tasks - A mini JSON encoding restful API written by me, you can take a look at it on GitHub.

Currently, my project is being actively developed & I am looking for people who can be beta testers.
If you are interested in this, please request access for a beta here: Site Publisher: beta testing request
Website building hasn’t changed in a while, and I thought it was time for a fresh start. I am on a mission to make easy website builder, that you want to use.

Note: it may take a couple of months, until a beta is available to beta testers.

5 Likes

That’s a fantastic idea, @Ben. I’m already requested access for a beta tester.

1 Like

see my response here

1 Like

Hey, I wanted to notice that my site builder won’t be like any others. There aren’t ant drag & drop, 0 databases & there aren’t php support. App builder has a very interesting site builder. This builder will be unique

1 Like

Hello everyone, some news coming! You can find website at http://sitepublisher.tk/ Together with new website, I would like to ask for you guys, to check out sitepublisher.tk site, if you can see a following words: Hello World!, that means everything is working! Please tell me, whether you can see those words, as Hello World! is being printed from Perl (CGI Script). Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Works!

1 Like

UPDATE

In couple hours, I will send an-alpha look of editor.

COMMUNITY

From now on, you can check SP's community at http://sitepublisher.tk/DISCUSSION but you can't register for ot currently.

INFO

Site Publisher has an extensible architecture, allowing you to make extensions (written in JavaScript)
1 Like

the extensions will be created with javascript and everyone will be able to create them?? In that case it is very interesting.

1 Like

Hello there, this is in fact true, but the problem is that currently I am thinking that only Gold users will be able to use them. Gold just offers custom domains (CNAME pointing), floating advertisement removal and use of extensions, although you can still create ext. For free…

Sorry for the delay, today I will be posting editor picture. Regards.

AJAX Test

Hello there, this is my another test. Currently, I am not using normal pages system. There are no sitepublisher.tk/home, sitepublisher.tk/sites, sitepublisher.tk/help or etc. I am using AJAX, which allows me to navigate through different pages, without opening a new page (in current tab) or reloading current page. I can load a new page, right in a moment. There are 3 tests, that you can find at: http://sitepublisher.tk/

1 Like

UPDATE

Finally integrated AJAX system & alpha-version design, that you can check a new site at http://sitepublisher.tk

INFO

Currently it is not possible to login or register on this site.

LICENSE

I also, uploaded Terms of Service that you can find here: sitepublisher.tk

Do you continue with this Project …?

Yes, I do, but I changed the concept, and the mechanism will work a bit differently. Currently project is not open to be used.

@Ben any news?