Server problems

export is not working. error: Build failed! Timeout while fetching URL: http://1.bs.builder.makeroid.io:8080/buildserver/build-all-from-zip-async?unam
plz help

The same problem again… : (

This problem with due, to continuous overloads because of too many build requests!

1 Like

But the makeroid status page doesn’t say anything. Any idea when I will be able to export?
Thanks,
Sukh

Build Failed Pls Sir solve this problem please… @Peter @Mika @Vishwas All makeroid Leader Please sir solve Building Problem

Stop posting. This doesn’t help to solve the problems. It is only annoying. Just wait.

Could be possible to make a “queue” system?
I mean, if there are too many compiler requests (let’s say it’s on the 125% of its total capacity), all people above 100% would be added to a list, so the first one will start compiling when somebody gets the .apk file.
You could also ask for a donation to skip the queue, so you get some extra money to solve this issue.

Another thing that may help could be adding a 10 sec cooldown before exporting (and another one during the waiting time of the queue system of which I’ve spoken above), where a cancel button pops up (sometimes I click the export button instead of the Companion button unintentionally). When the timer reaches 0, the compiler will start. This could avoid waiting for some minutes for the user and help to solve this issue.

Something that popped into my mind when I read that:

1. Makeroid will be a total money-grab, and a terrible thing, if the financial model shifts to pay-to-skip-compile-queue

2. The outage is not because there is no money, it’s because the whole system is not linked up properly yet (GCP will ideally be linked to a bank account, and refill automatically)

Sorry, I wasn’t informed of the reason for this issue.
I don’t think Makeroid will turn into a money-grab. I think it’s a way to thank donators, because if someone doesn’t donate, he can still exporting his apps, but he’ll have to wait for a few seconds. So the difference between donators and non-donators would not be that important.

Apart from this, what do you think about the rest of the post?

There is something similar built into App Inventor that we forgot to enable, which is why the compiler keeps going offline. There is a max builds setting which, when set, ensures that only X amount of people can build apps at the same time.

503 over quato problem

The problems are the many build requests at the same time.
We have used a new server in the past.
But it looks like the the new service provider can not handle such much requests at one time.

Current we can do nothing.
We have every month really much costs (Yes we pay our builder from our money).

If you guys would help us, then will be pay pal the best option.

Current we pay about 200 $ that our service/ product can be online.
But it looks like this is not enough.

We all (developers of makeroid) are students.
We don’t earn money like all other workers.

It looks like current that we can not pay enough every month that our servers can be 24 hours online.

Every donation would help all.
Thanks. I hope you all understand it now better.

3 Likes

Error

Over Quota
This application is temporarily over its serving quota. Please try again later.

Every 24 hours the quota will refill! Try to get on earliest… It resets at 3 AM Eastern Standard Time and 8 AM UTC

What’s going to happen now? Is there a possibility to recover the aia file in the event that Makeroid disappears? If it’s for money, I propose that each of us donate 5 dollars a month until Makeroid is self-sufficient. I think it’s an acceptable amount for anyone. What do you think?
in response to:

As much as we appreciate the help, @Domi, lack of money is not the issue.

As has been mentioned a lot of times before, we have the funds, but we will not be able to utilise them until we register as a company.
Also, we don’t want to ask users for financial aid because we cannot provide you any guarantee that you will be paid back.

You can still donate though, check out PayPal.Me
:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity, what is the traffic generated by the makeroid server when using the blocks and exporting the apps?Thanks

8am UTC +0 ? Then I will reload it after 30 minutes

4 Likes

after i get the quota and i dont use it for a while, it shows server error:could not load project