Premium plan? Nope

Lots of users have asked us about a ‘premium’ plan, as you see a disabled option to set a custom package name when you creating an app with Makeroid.

Originally, we did intend to start a premium service for Makeroid.

BUT

Then, finally, we thought about keeping it FREE FOREVER
We feel that coercing users to pay for our services is unjust, and it is best if we keep Makeroid free to use.

But, running the platform still costs us money, and we are thinking of ways to recover the amount.
(Privileges to donors is one way to go)

We will gradually announce more information about this change.

We’re working on a plan that allows us to keeps the lights on and give everyone the best possible Makeroid experience, and we’d like to hear your opinions too.

Is there anything you think we could do support future development?
Let us know

18 Likes

Hi @Diego,

What do you think about getting enterprises (specially infrastructure enterprises) as sponsors? They can have a space to put marketing about those services and they could support Makeroid’s team to continue developing… just a suggestion…

4 Likes

Wow. That’s a great decision you all made. While typing this i see the suggestion of @Kleyber_Derick. I think that could be something. Maybe you could build custom extensions for hardwarebuilders and they are paying by sponsoring Makeroid.

What i was thinking. Could you give inside information what it costs to keep Makeroid running? This way sponsors could choose what to sponsor or get an idea of how much it costs.

What i already suggested sometime ago, what about making an kickstarter project to raise money. All those sponsors could get the priviliges depending how much they sponsored.

3 Likes

That’s a really great idea! :+1:

We will see if we can implement it in some way :smile:

3 Likes

We have planned something similar to that :+1:

By now, it goes arround 12€ monthly, more or less
But each day it increases, as since we passed 2k users, we are getting each day more users than previous one :confused:

It’s already created, but we don’t have the financial structure (yet) to launch them
Patreon is already done but not published, missing Kickstarter

1 Like

Great!! As another suggestion, make a presentation about Makeroid and how is getting better and growing up every day. Show in this presentation how many members it actually has. Show the comprehensiveness of this project to whole world and how they can have advantage to show their products and services. And after, show all the expenses to keep this project on. I think is a good start to prsent Makeroid to the sponsors

3 Likes
1 Like

We still haven’t launched it yet, don’t harm the surpirse :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

awesome guys.and it Is great move. most of them are not afford to pay including me​:joy::joy:

2 Likes

With no Premium plan available will it be possible to remove ‘Made with Makeroid makeroid.io’ when you click on About this application?

Mmm, that’s a tricky question :sweat_smile:
We haven’t thought about that

@Kodular

Maybe it’s an idea that will be an option after you sponsor Makeroid with a donation or service to the community like translations, tutorials or indeed money.

3 Likes

And what about the Package Name? :thinking:

There is a lot of work todo… Please wait, until devs integrate it into builder.

1 Like

@Diego I am new to Makeroid and see there’s a new version coming out. What I’m looking for is something I couldn’t find in the others (Thunkable, App Inventor). I’m a Youtube influencer and I created an elaborate app to connect with my website, only to find there’s huge bug that doesn’t allow people to play Youtube or Facebook videos from the Webviewer in full screen. Do you know, is Makeroid creating anything that could remedy this? I have hundreds of videos, so I need the webviewer - but I haven’t found any answer to the full screen video in Webviewer bug.

1 Like

Be sure you will find it
Just check our SneakPeeks at Login • Instagram and see what new features we’ve added :wink:

Not sure about this
Maybe @Kodular can reply here, and see if we can do anything

Why don’t Makeroid offer premium service to those people who are willing & demand to pay.
Means if my any app crosses 100K downloads and I want to remove “MADE WITH MAKEROID” then I buy premium service, where I can remove that part and get other premium services.

1 Like

We don’t have premium services to offer in the Makeroid Builder as it doesn’t make sense to ask for money to remove 1 line. And as our builder is free, we advertise ourselves by showing that.

6 Likes

Adding to @pavi2410’s response, that would be like a Pay2Win Game
We want Makeroid to be equally accesible for everyone, without looking to their money. Makeroid gives a service which we consider that is basic for everyone: converting ideas into reality
If we start selling our product, it will be some fragmentation between users that can pay for it and users which can’t pay for it. We want everyone to have the same opportunities in the builder

6 Likes