Operating Systems

The problem I have with Linux is that the trackpad and brightness controls doesn’t work
The screen is always at 100% of brightness and I have to plug an external mouse always :joy:

I’m going to reinstall Arch and install Mint and test both at the same time, and then keep with only one

2 Likes

I had my history of distro hopping. Used Corel Linux, Lindows, SuSe, Fedora, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Mandrake, Mandriva. Was a crewmember of the Mandriva forum in the Netherlands. But settled in the end on Linux Mint and now my hopping days are over. Started using Linux in 1998 i think.

2 Likes

WoW, you are a great fan of Windows as I can see :joy:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I just keep on Windows because all programs I use are for Windows, but this summer I’ll try to finally switch :+1:

3 Likes

I wanna switch back to Zorin but, I have no idea if it’d be a good choice. I didn’t like how the tops of apps were formed (Titlebars) and stupid stuff, it just didn’t feel right to me. =_=

Thats the fun of Linux. You can choose everything. Your distro, your desktop environment. and change everything if you like.

2 Likes

I hated it, besides some stuff… But, FireFox and Chrome just, ugh, don’t even get me started.

No no, i wouldn’t want that :rofl:

1 Like

Here I’ll get started…

Special Paragraph

I DIDNT LIKE IT

Windows 10 Pro

Funcionando legal, só demora para carregar…

I’m late to the party. I missed the fun. :sob:

Anyway, I use Makeroid almost exclusively on my tablet.

Xiaomi Mi Pad
2 GB RAM
16 GB Storage
Tegra K1 SoC
32 bit

OSes I’ve booted on my tablet:

• Native:
    • Android 4.4.4
    • Android 7.1.2
    • Android 8.1.0
    • Ubuntu 14.04
  • Emulated:
    • Windows 98
    • DSL

Never used Makeroid on the Emulated ones. Main access points for me are/were 7.1.2 and 8.1.0. Only accessed the community on Ubuntu. Don’t recall what I did on 4.4.4. Currently running 7.1.2, LineageOS 14.1.

4 Likes

Is that why you always need me to test new stuff :joy:

4 Likes

:roll_eyes::joy:

2 Likes

Windows 10 Pro

I dont understand what you guys get Pro for… Is it for BitLocker? I have Home and its great

1 Like

Just everyone would like To be professional instead

Many of the Pro user might not use its Pro Features

Why get it then?

I think the ppl just think “Pro” is better

1 Like