Important Announcement

Hello :wave:

Most of you are probably angry due to the Compiler outages during the past few weeks. We are sorry about that, but we can’t upgrade it until we do something more important. Unfortunately, the process is beyond our control. The same for the Over Quota errors on the Builder. With the Compiler, I’ve woken up during nights just to re-install all system as it get flooded with builds, but probably you won’t have noticed it…

As you may know, we are registering Makeroid as trademark, and that TAKES A LOT OF TIME, because the government has to approve the request, then legalize everything. The entire process that requires a lot of papers and documents, and stretches through several days!
@Sander has been working very hard during the past few weeks looking for information and contacting legal advisors on setting up a company. Now we are still waiting for government confirmation, because they have to give us a company number and such stuff. AND THAT NEEDS TIME.
In such a situation, we don’t appreciate users who think that we are unable to do so. We have the money to do so, we have the knowledge, we are only waiting to legalize everything and get a bank account and use all our resources.
Once everything is done, all problems will disappear. We promise that the Builder will be online 24/7, Compiler will be upgraded with more power and probably changed the server provider, and more tools will be avaliable for makers.
Yeah, we were already aware of this months ago. We were already discussing about doing this for some time, but we didn’t realize how important could be, and now we have this. We apologize about that, and we also ask you to be patient, as once we get a bank account everything will go much faster.

So, please, be patient.
Thanks,
The Makeroid Team

25 Likes

never mind.

2 Likes

@Diego I know how hard you work for Makeroid, and I am deeply grateful. From the bottom of my heart, I admire you guys. :smiley:

8 Likes

Congrats Guys For Get Trademark Logo

4 Likes

@Barreeeiroo and @Kodular I know about your hard work and experience in your field. (Ofcourse, :makeroid: is result of that.)
And i will be waiting for :makeroid: forever if i have to. You can know my point of view and love for :makeroid: by this post:

We love you!:heart_eyes:
Do your job guys! Good luck! :+1:

8 Likes

Hello @Diego

Are you working only on trademark ? This is done when you are worried about name makeroid. But the trademark should not take more than a week for approval, after that you are fully authorized to keep the name secure. But full confirmation would take up to an year. However all this process will not stop from anyway or legal ways.

Alternative to speee up the process you need to register the firm. This will be done much faster and registered.

Thanks
Abdul

2 Likes

Well, is not trademark, sorry. I got confused :sweat:

We are registering Makeroid as company

2 Likes

But your post says this…

Yeah, sorry, I’ll correct now :sweat:

1 Like

never mind.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation …, Maybe it was a mistake not to comment this in advance, it would have been great and sure that we would not all be so angry. I understand what you tell us and for my part I support you in the time you need. I also ask that at the moment you can move fast, you can do it. Knowing all this delay I am going to try to slow down my work with Makeroid while I advance with others that I had planned.
On the other hand, I would like you to be transparent and to communicate all the information we need to know in terms of commissions, such as the well-known 5% of advertising. I agree that we are charged something but I would like to be informed, I have looked for information about it and I have not found it, only in response to a question in the forum. Thank you for your work and, as you have seen, we can not wait for Makeroid to work 100%
Translation by online translator

Gracias por la explicion…, Quizas fue un error no comentar esto por adelantado, hubiera sido estupendo y seguro que todos no estariamos tan enojados. Entiendo lo que nos comentas y por mi parte os apoyo en el tiempo que necesiteis. Tambien os pido que en el momento que podais avanzar rapido, lo hagais. Sabiendo todo este retraso yo voy a intentar relentizar mis trabajos con Makeroid mientras avanzare con otros que tenia previsto.
Por otro lado, me gustaria que fuerais transparentes y nos comunicarais todas la informacion que debemos saber en cuestion de comisiones, como el ya conocido 5% de la publicidad. Estoy de acuerdo que se nos cobre algo pero me gustaria estar informado, he buscado informacion al respecto y no la he encontrado, solo en respuesta a una pregunta en el foro. Gracias por vuestro trabajo y, como habies comprobado, estamos impacientes de que Makeroid funcione al 100%

3 Likes

Mah…
I also work with AppInventor and recently there have been problems with the server…
Surely Makeroid, which is a young reality, may suffer from some problem of “youth”.
I have NOT found in Makeroid so many serious problems!
Good work, as always, to the whole staff of Makeroid.
We are with you, guys!:muscle:t3:

4 Likes

i’m new here, but i can wait for you guys!
greats!

1 Like

Makeroid is way better than ai. It is the best I have used. I am very thankful for the developers to make this. Sorry for my bad English. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Sorry, but i not understand … when we want register trade mark or company, our servers work still 100%… Here we cant 2nd day join to our account for 503 error…

@Diego

I’ve been several weeks reading, people complaining of the overquota…
I have some questions

It is possible to increase the limits of the server…?

If the problem is financial, you would allow the users to participate to help them, I mean that I would loan them my credit card, if that is the problem…

Would you allow other users to pay the increase in server limits…?

Makeroid is a community project or a personal project, or a project of a company …?

if makeroid were a community project, would you allow the users to make decisions regarding the administration?

Do you think it would be better to start a Foundation and not a company?

Being a project that involves so many people, do you think it would be good to have a board of directors …? :smiley::smile::grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

We don’t want to involve community members in financial things because we don’t know whether we will be able to pay them back.

Although we are planning to register as a private company, we still have no idea what’s best for us…

4 Likes

ye best idea hai .
aur company shear holder ke liye bhi

Me gustaría saber un tiempo estimado para que funciones Makeroid. Actualmente me he pasado a Makeroid con mi aplicación de más de 100k descargas, y necesito actualizarla, ya que tiene algunos problemas.
ÂżAlguien me puede ayudar?