Admob best practices

Admob best practices

BANNER

A banner ad is an advertisement displayed into a web page or app. The advertisement consists of an image (.jpg, .png, .gif) or of a multimedia object (usually created using Flash). Thus, banner ads can be static or animated, depending on the technology used to make them.
The banner must be placed in a specific zone created for it for example on the top or on the bottom where there isn’t an high user activity.
The app content mustn’t be confused with the ad.

WHERE I CAN PLACE THE BANNER?

• In a zone where the user activity isn’t high
  • Preferably on the bottom or on the top

HOW MANY BANNERS I CAN PLACE?

• The raccomended numbers of banners in a page is <=2

The banners should cover maximum the 20% of the page

WHERE I CAN’T PLACE THE BANNER?

• You can’t place the banner on a loading screen (example: splashscreen)
  • Near to an element that can expand or reduce it size (example: textbox)

HOW OFTEN I SHOULD REFRESH THE BANNER? (LOAD AND SHOW AD)?

• Preferably every 1/1:30 min

WHAT I CAN’T DO?

• Clicks or impressions generated by publishers clicking on their own live ads
  • Repeated ad clicks or impressions generated by one or more users
  • Publishers encouraging clicks on their ads (examples may include: any language encouraging users to click on ads; ad implementations that may cause a high volume of accidental clicks; etc.)
  • Automated clicking tools or traffic sources, robots, or other deceptive software

If you suspect invalid click activity by a third party, use this form to report it to AdMob’s traffic quality team.

Link to source: Banner ad guidance - AdMob Help

EXPLAIN VIDEO

INTERSTITIAL

Interstitial ads are full-screen ad formats covering the interface of an app and appearing at natural app transition points like pausing a game. Users have the option to skip the ad if they want. The main difference between a banner ad and an interstitial ad is that interstitial ads cover all the screen, and it makes it catchier and more effective.

IS THE INTERSTITIAL AD THE CORRECT AD FORMAT FOR MY APP?

Interstitial ads are best suited for apps with linear user experiences. There should be very clear starting and stopping points in an app. If you have an app that may not meet this criteria (e.g., utility apps like flashlight apps), consider using another AdMob ad format such as a banner ad.

WHEN I CAN SHOW INTERSTITIAL?

• You can show interstitial ad at the end of a level or when the user finish an action

WHEN I CAN’T SHOW INTERSTITIAL?

• You can’t show an Interstitial ad while the user is playing or when the user activity is very high

WHAT I CAN’T DO?

• Clicks or impressions generated by publishers clicking on their own live ads
  • Repeated ad clicks or impressions generated by one or more users
  • Publishers encouraging clicks on their ads (examples may include: any language encouraging users to click on ads; ad implementations that may cause a high volume of accidental clicks; etc.)
  • Automated clicking tools or traffic sources, robots, or other deceptive software

If you suspect invalid click activity by a third party, use this form to report it to AdMob’s traffic quality team.

Link to source: Interstitial ad guidance - AdMob Help

EXPLAIN VIDEO

WHAT IS ECPM?

The acronym eCPM means ‘effective cost per mille’. It is the outcome of a calculation of the ad revenue generated by a banner or campagne, divided by the number of ad impressions of that banner or campaign expressed in units of 1,000. The ‘M’ for mille in the name comes from the Latin meaning 1,000. The formula to calculate eCPM is not all that complicated, once you realize the components that go into the computation.

ABOUT THIS READ: Earn Huge Amount With Admob - #BestPractices - Thunkable Community

FOR MORE http://www.reviveconsultant.com/articles/what-is-ecpm-and-how-is-it-calculated

WHAT IS THE FLOOR?

Essentially, AdMob eCPM floor is an additional network you can set up in your mediation flow. Define your placement order with eCPM values, and you can give this network an eCPM value representing a floor. AdMob will only serve an ad if it thinks it’s worth at least that eCPM value.

FOR MORE About AdMob Network eCPM floors - AdMob Help

HOW TO CALCULATE THE EARNINGS?

Use this tool Mobile Advertising Calculator

For doubts or questions reply or send me a PM

16 Likes

Thanks, it will help the most! I’ll pin it so that everyone can go through it at least once.

6 Likes

What can be the minimum height of the ad? Minimum percentage of Screen for admob ad. ?

The height of the ad is 56dp

1 Like

Great topic and great forum.
I am new with app makers but I am liking a lot.

1 Like

Nice tutorial, please also add when to load ads and if it is ok to store ads for some time? And all questions related to loading of ads :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

No! You are not allowed to store ads.

How can I calculate AdMob earning easily…?